Quark Announces New Digital Publishing Features for App Studio
Easy-to-Use App Creation Tool Now Features Responsive HTML5 Support to Simplify Reaching Consumers across a Wide Range of Digital and Mobile Devices
Denver, CO - 8/30/2017 - Quark Software announced today that a collection of new digital publishing features and enhancements have been added to App Studio. App Studio is the digital publishing solution that allows users to create branded content apps using QuarkXPress, InDesign, HTML5 and XML. Individuals and creative agencies through to large organizations and publishers choose App Studio to create apps that offer the best in user experience without the high cost or complexity of custom app design.
The new features in App Studio make it easier for designers and creative professionals to deliver modern, interactive apps to consumers across a range of digital and mobile devices. In addition to supporting the latest iOS and Android platforms, the new release adds powerful new features as well as enhances App Studio Web apps so designers can create app-like experiences that run in any modern Web browser. New responsive and adaptive layout capabilities are available for any platform. Please read on for more highlights and features added to App Studio.
- Responsive HTML support: In addition to fixed layouts, App Studio apps are now capable of handling responsive HTML5. With this new feature, apps can be responsive to various screen sizes plus the App Studio portal has been enhanced to auto-generate thumbnails for each device.
- Multi-layout support: App Studio now introduces the capability to create, package, and deliver rich, device-specific designs for various screen sizes. Users can design publications for different aspect ratios (with multiple orientations) and package device specific output for a single app. This feature is available when using QuarkXPress 2017.
- HTML5 Publications: Users can now easily turn print publications into HTML5 publications with just a few clicks in QuarkXPress. Simply convert a print layout to a digital layout, add interactivity, and export as HTML5 Publication. The HTML5 Publication contains a Web App you can host on directly on a website that will render on all devices – desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. This eliminates the need to submit apps to app stores!
- Enhanced Web App: The App Studio Web App is now configurable, enabling users to change the Toolbar options, Page Fitting options, Lock Orientation options, Navigation Arrows, and more. QuarkXPress users benefit from a simple UI for turning these features on and off.
- HTTPS support enabled: App Studio has been enhanced to secure client communication with content (hosting) servers and subscriptions.
Even more updates include:
- Support for ToCs: Users can now design Table of Contents (ToCs) in QuarkXPress and make the ToC accessible to readers at any time. No longer will readers need to scroll back to the beginning of the publication to jump to new topics.
- Pinch Zoom support: App Studio Web Apps can now take advantage of pinch and zoom gestures on touch enabled devices.
- Facing Pages support on devices: Web Apps have been enabled to support a facing page view (spread views).
- Support for Page Stacks: Enhanced page stacking support now available on Android devices to allow readers to scroll pages and sections vertically.
- Reading and Auto-fit Modes: App Studio Web Apps offer fit-to-screen and reading view features for improved readability.
- New App Studio Exporter plugin for InDesign CC2017: Completely re-written and enhanced App Studio Exporter for InDesign CC2017 is coming soon!
Want to Learn More?
- Enhanced multi-publications support
- Adds support for Localytics push notification services
- UI support for Italian and Spanish
- Improved validations with App Build forms
- All the new layout and typography features in QuarkXPress 2017
- Support for creating adaptive layouts using the dynamic scaling features in QuarkXPress 2017
- Support for continuous publishing (article based publishing)
App Studio customers using QuarkXPress who are not currently on the newest version, QuarkXPress 2017, can download a fully-functional free trial for Mac
. With QuarkXPress 2017 it’s possible to test all the new App Studio features within an existing app or with the App Studio Issue Previewer App, which is available for free on both Apple
Preview the QuarkXPress 2017 Digital Guide
on desktop, tablet and mobile devices to see an example of responsive output with QuarkXPress as well as to learn more about digital features in QuarkXPress 2017.
For sales and additional information on QuarkXPress 2017 and App Studio, please speak with our customer service team
or an authorized reseller
About App Studio
App Studio (www.appstudio.net
) is the next generation digital publishing solution that uses HTML5 to push the bounds of user experience without the high cost and effort associated with custom app development. App Studio is the only digital publishing solution that allows users to create branded content apps using QuarkXPress, InDesign, HTML5 and XML. Through a managed cloud environment designers, authors and extended teams are able to collaborate to create rich, interactive content that can be delivered across multiple platforms and devices.
About Quark Software Inc.
Quark Software Inc. develops a content automation platform that helps large organizations streamline the creation, management, publishing and delivery of business-critical content. Our solutions automate the process with reusable Smart Content components that can be dynamically assembled and delivered with precision in any format and to any channel — web, tablet, mobile, print, and more. As a result, leaders in industries such as finance, manufacturing, energy, and government can reduce costs, save time, improve consistency and make their content brilliant. www.quark.com
# # #
Quark and the Quark logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quark Software Inc. and its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries.